Exporting crossWAN Tasks
This instruction demonstrate how you, as a project manager, can create Client Working Units (CWU files) for tasks to be processed in the crossWAN load mode.
The Import/Export crossWAN Tasks Wizard supports you in exporting the data to a CWU file.
Please note that you need to have the appropriate rights.
By default, the project manager is designated for this type of task.
- Proceed as follows:
- Start the Import/Export crossWAN Tasks Wizard in the menu bar via Tools > Import/Export crossWAN Tasks Wizard.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- Select the Export option, and in the drop-down menu, under Offline users, select the user who is to be assigned a task as a CWU file.Attention
In order to be able to select a user, he should first be assigned a corresponding task.
- In addition, select a location and a name for the CWU file.
If you prefer, you can select a location via Browse and assign a name for the file to be exported.
- Click Next.
- Select the task(s) you would like to export.
- Also choose whether crossTank and/or crossTerm entries should be exported.
- Determine the package version of the offline user, which the offline user must have informed you of.Tip
Among other things, the package version depends on the version of the Across database. The package version of your own Across installation is indicated in the information window that you can display with Help > About Across.
- Click Finish.
The required data will be compiled by the Across Server and saved to a CWU file.
- To track this process, click Background tasks at the bottom right in the client.
- Once the Background tasks button is no longer displayed, the CWU file has been saved to the desired location and can be made available to the crossWAN classic user, e.g. by e-mail or on an FTP server.