Introduction - Structure and Architecture
Main Components of Across
Across is an integrated translation memory system, i.e. in Across, you can find everything "under one roof". Thus, Across always presents the same environment, no matter whether you want to create a new project, translate a document, or align existing translations.
- Across comprises the following main components:
- crossDesk is the Across translation editor.
- crossTank is the translation memory of Across.
- The crossTank Manager is the Across component for managing and maintaining the TM.
- crossTerm is the terminology system of Across.
- The crossTerm Manager is the Across component for managing and maintaining terminology.
Databases as Central Storage Location
Across is a database-supported translation memory system. This means that all data are centrally stored in a database.
Translation units (TM)