You have already gained some initial experience with the Across Language Server and would like to deepen your skills? Or would you like to polish up your Across skills in order to master all useful tricks? As a translation agency, would you be interested in having your Across expertise officially certified?
If so, our classroom training is what you need: In four modules in different subject areas, you will learn everything you need for your work with the Across Language Server. Be quick to secure a place!
- In a virtual training room.
- With an interactive concept and lots of personal exchange via video conference.
- Work material will be provided
- The training takes place over the course of two days.
- All modules can be booked separately. Part 1 and 2 of each module can only be booked as a unit and not individually.
(all courses are also available as singe course)
- Project management:
- Part 1 - Monday, 11/14/11/2022 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Part 2 - Tuesday, 11/15/11/2022 from 08:30 am to 12:30 pm
- System management:
- Part 1 - Wednesday, 11/16/11/2022 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Part 2 - Thursday, 11/17/11/2022 from 08:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Part 1 - Monday, 11/21/2022 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Part 2 - Tuesday, 11/22/2022 from 08:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Part 1 - Wednesday, 11/23/2022 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Part 2 - Thursday, 11/24/2022 from 08:30 am to 12:30 pm
More dates for 2023 will be published here shortly. Register for the newsletter to get timely updates.
- Certification package: €4,999
- 2 participants, all 4 modules
- All-inclusive package: €2,999
- 1 participant, all 4 modules
- Company package: €2,097
- 1 participant, 3 modules (Project Management, System Management and Translation)
- Optional: Single module: 699 €
- 1 participant, 1 module
Details on the Modules
Module 1: Project Management
This course provides a detailed overview of the Across areas relevant to the project management. These areas are essential for the smooth flow of the translation management and the task assignment.
- Detailed project management knowledge
- Project settings
- Task management (online, offline, crossGrid)
- Overview of workflows and supply chain
- Reporting and monitoring (PM Cockpit)
- Quality management
Translation managers will gain a comprehensive insight of the functions and settings required for quick and effective task handling.
Module 2: System Management
In this course, we will convey all skills you need in order to configure the Across Language Server as effectively as possible. In this way, you will be able to ensure a smooth flow in the supply chain and in the translation management. The course focuses on the individual configuration options of the system settings, the workflows, and the supply chain.
- Overview of the architecture and supply chain
- User management
- crossGrid and crossWAN
- Interaction of the templates
- System settings
- Workflow management
- Insight into crossAdmin
You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the background processes, which will help you to make your translation management more efficient. You will learn how to configure the settings in the best way possible.
The contents of the modules System Management and Project Management are connected. If possible, these two modules should therefore be taken together.
Module 3: Translation
In this training course, we mainly address the crossDesk translation environment. We focus especially on functions and options that enable the quick and successful completion of your translation work.
- Task management (confirming and delivering)
- Detailed knowledge of translating in crossDesk
- Review with Across
- Browser-based crossWeb client
- Translation memory maintenance with the crossTank Manager
- Import and export of translation memories
- Alignment in Across
You will learn how to use the translation environment efficiently and make good use of the Across tools for establishing and maintaining translation memories.
Module 4: Terminology
In this course, you will learn how to use the crossTerm terminology system in the best way possible and how to adapt it to your own terminology processes. You will gain a basic overview of the terminology structure and deeper insight into the possibilities of crossTerm.
- Structure of crossTerm
- Overview of the crossTerm Manager
- Working with instances
- Data categories and templates
- Importing and exporting terminology
- Overview of the assignment of rights
You will learn how to use crossTerm correctly and efficiently in order to maintain existing terminology and add new terminology.
Across Certification for Translation Agencies
By means of the classroom training, translation agencies can get officially certified. Show your customers your Across competence!
- For each location, two employees must attend all four modules. Different participants may register for each module. An exam is not required. If a company wants to get certified globally (for all locations) all moduels must be attended by minimum 4 employees.
- The certification applies to the trained employees and is version-specific.
- If trained employees leave the company other employees need to attend the Classroom Training.
Validity and Communication
- Presentation of the certification on the Across website (including version information)
- Use of the certification logo in external communication
- Issue of certificates of participation