You have already gained some initial experience with the Across Language Server and would like to deepen your skills? Or would you like to polish up your Across skills in order to master all useful tricks? As a translation agency, would you be interested in having your Across expertise officially certified?
If so, our classroom training is what you need: In four modules in different subject areas, you will learn everything you need for your work with the Across Language Server. To ensure maximum learning success, each training session is held with a maximum of six participants. Be quick to secure a place!
- Classroom training at the Across headquarters (meals will be provided)
- Training hours: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (lunch break included)
- Laptops and work material will be provided
- If you would like to book a hotel, we can send you a list of recommended hotels
- March 17-20, 2020 (in German)
- June 16-19, 2020
- September 15-18, 2020 (in German)
- December 1-4, 2020 (in German)
- Certification package: €4,350
- 2 participants, all 4 modules
- All-inclusive package: €2,400
- 1 participant, all 4 modules
- Single module: 650 €
- 1 participant, 1 module
Module 1: Project Management
This course provides a detailed overview of the Across areas relevant to the project management. These areas are essential for the smooth flow of the translation management and the task assignment.
- Detailed project management knowledge
- Project settings
- Task management (online, offline, crossGrid)
- Overview of workflows and supply chain
- Reporting and monitoring (PM Cockpit)
- Quality management
Translation managers will gain a comprehensive insight of the functions and settings required for quick and effective task handling.
Module 2: System Management
In this course, we will convey all skills you need in order to configure the Across Language Server as effectively as possible. In this way, you will be able to ensure a smooth flow in the supply chain and in the translation management. The course focuses on the individual configuration options of the system settings, the workflows, and the supply chain.
- Overview of the architecture and supply chain
- User management
- crossGrid and crossWAN
- Interaction of the templates
- System settings
- Workflow management
- Insight into crossAdmin
You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the background processes, which will help you to make your translation management more efficient. You will learn how to configure the settings in the best way possible.
The contents of the modules System Management and Project Management are connected. If possible, these two modules should therefore be taken together.
Module 3: Translation
In this training course, we mainly address the crossDesk translation environment. We focus especially on functions and options that enable the quick and successful completion of your translation work.
- Task management (confirming and delivering)
- Detailed knowledge of translating in crossDesk
- Review with Across
- Browser-based crossWeb client
- Translation memory maintenance with the crossTank Manager
- Import and export of translation memories
- Alignment in Across
You will learn how to use the translation environment efficiently and make good use of the Across tools for establishing and maintaining translation memories.
Module 4: Terminology
In this course, you will learn how to use the crossTerm terminology system in the best way possible and how to adapt it to your own terminology processes. You will gain a basic overview of the terminology structure and deeper insight into the possibilities of crossTerm.
- Structure of crossTerm
- Overview of the crossTerm Manager
- Working with instances
- Data categories and templates
- Importing and exporting terminology
- Overview of the assignment of rights
You will learn how to use crossTerm correctly and efficiently in order to maintain existing terminology and add new terminology.
By means of the classroom training, translation agencies can get officially certified. Show your customers your Across competence!
- For each location, two employees must attend all four modules. Different participants may register for each module. An exam is not required.
- The Across certification also necessitates the successful completion of a system check, which comprises an examination of the existing hardware and software.
- The certification applies to the trained employees and is version-specific.
- In the case of an upgrade to a new version, a brief refresher training course and/or an online exam are required.
- Presentation of the certification on the Across website (including version information)
- Use of the certification logo in external communication
- Issue of certificates of participation