Retrieving crossWAN Tasks
The following instructions will help you to learn how to retrieve tasks along with all relevant data in the crossWAN load or crossWAN classic mode. You can either download the data from the central Across Server to your local hard drive (crossWAN load) or import them as a CWU file (crossWAN classic). In this case, the project manager in charge should provide this file to you on a suitable data medium, by e-mail or as an FTP download.
The Retrieve Task Wizard helps you to import the data you require to work on your task.
Please note that you must be assigned the user type Offline user in Across to be able to export tasks as outlined in the instructions below.
- Proceed as follows:
- Start the Retrieve Task Wizard e.g. by clicking the icon in the Across toolbar or via the menu item File > Retrieve Tasks.Tip
When you log in as a crossWAN load or crossWAN classic user for the first time, the Retrieve Task Wizard is automatically started and does not need to be started manually.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- Decide whether you would like to download the task directly from the Across Server or whether you would like to import the task as a CWU file which contains all the data required for you to work on the task that may have been provided to you by the project manager.
- If you would like to import the task as a CWU file, select the appropriate option.
- Click Next.
- Select the task that you would like to download or import and click Next.
- Enable the corresponding checkbox to determine whether, in addition to the assigned task, you would like to transfer crossTank and/or crossTerm entries from the Server or from the CWU file to your local hard drive.
- Click Finish to start downloading or importing the desired data.
The data will be downloaded from the server or imported and processed.
- To track this process, click Background tasks at the bottom right in the client in order to open the Background Tasks Progress dialog.
- Once the Background tasks button is no longer displayed, all needed data have been transmitted from the server or from the CWU file to your local system. You can now start working on the task.