Public and Non-Public Filters and Filter Sets
When setting up a user-defined filter, you can define it as public. This means that the filter will be available in the entire system – i.e. it can be used by all users of the respective user groups of an Across installation. In contrast, non-public filters will only be available in the personal Across environment of the respective user.
The use of each public filter is controlled by means of a right in the user-group rights. In this way, the filter is available to the users of the assigned groups for search queries.
The same options are available for filter sets.
Controlling Public Filters/Filter Sets
- Proceed as follows:
- Go to the Groups module via Administration > Groups and select the group you want to assign/revoke a filter or filter set to/from.
- Click Properties, go to the Rights tab, and select crossTerm > Public filter/filter sets.
- Select/deselect the checkbox to assign or revoke the filter or filter set to/from the respective user group.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- The change will take effect as soon as the respective users log out and back in.