- Installation and Administration
- About Across Translator Edition
- Installation of the Across Translator Edition
- Connection to Across Account
- Activation of the Across Translator Edition
- Functions of the Across Translator Edition
- Data Synchronization/Migration of the Across Translator Edition
- Backing up Data of the Translator Edition
- Restoring Translator Edition Backups
- Uninstalling the Across Translator Edition
- Getting Started
- Structure and Architecture
- Basic Decisions
- Logging in
- Change username/password
- Confirming and Opening Tasks
- Internal Communication
- Rights System: Default Settings
- System Management
- User settings
- System settings
- Quality Management v6.3
- Quality Management v7.0
- System Attributes
- Tagged HTML
- Tagged SGML
- Tagged XML
- Tagged XML v2
- Visual XML
- Word 2000-2003
- Word 2007-2016
- System attributes
- Project Management
- Quality management
- The Filter Editor
- Relay Translations
- Document preparation
- Term Extraction and Term Translation
- External Editing of Documents
- The EN 15038 Standard Workflow
- The ISO 17100 Standard Workflow
- Cost Estimates
- Task Processing
- Working in crossDesk
- Paragraph States
- Empty Paragraphs
- Customizing crossDesk
- Tasks in Across
- Paragraph Numbering
- Sorting Paragraphs
- Context View/Source View
- crossTerm Window in crossDesk
- Fuzzy search
- Concordance search
- Spell-check and User Dictionary
- Store Translations Wizard
- The Target Editor
- QM Check in crossDesk
- Search and Replace
- Redelegation to the Translator
- Quick Translate
- Local Data in the Offline Client
- TM Management
- The crossTank Manager
- Adding Translations
- Editing Translations
- Changing the Status of Translations
- Merging Translations
- Deleting Translations
- Protecting Translations
- Searching for Translations
- Generating a crossTank Summary
- crossTank Import
- crossTank Export
- crossTank Maintenance
- Terminology Management
- Concept-Oriented Terminology System
- The crossTerm Manager
- crossTerm settings
- crossTerm Manager User Interface
- Searching for Entries/Terms
- Search Types
- Display of Search Suggestions
- Filters and Filter Sets
- Entry and term elements
- Editing Entries/Terms
- Delete Entries/Term(s)
- Merging Entries
- Duplicating Entries
- Manual correction
- crossTerm Reports
- crossTerm Import
- crossTerm Export
- crossTerm Data Maintenance
- crossTerm Web
- Browser-based Work
- Editing of Special Formats
- HTML Documents
- XML Documents
- SGML Documents
- FrameMaker Documents
- Word Documents
- TXT Documents
- Excel Documents
- PowerPoint documents
- InDesign and InCopy Documents
- QuickSilver documents
- PO Documents
- MC Documents
- XLIFF Documents
- Software Localization
- Localization of mobile apps
- Localizing Display Texts
- Menus, Icons, and Keyboard Shortcuts
Icons in crossDesk: crossView
The hierarchical document structure view maps the structure of the document in a tree-like manner.
In the linear plain list view, all paragraphs of a document are listed successively on the same level.
This QM view displays QM mode v6.3 errors.
The "Sorted by state" view groups the paragraphs according to their various editing states.
In the "Search" tab, you can search for words in the source or target text.
The progress display shows you the status of the task you are currently processing in crossDesk.
In the "Paragraph filter" tab, you can use various filters to determine the type of paragraphs to be displayed in the Context View.
State-Oriented View Areas
The following icons are used in the state-oriented view in crossView:
The paragraph has not been edited yet.
The paragraph has been marked in such a way that the source-language contents are transferred to the target document upon check-out.
The paragraph has been edited.
The translation of the paragraph is finished.
The paragraph has been corrected by a corrector.
The paragraph has been corrected by a translator. (in workflow EN 15038 Standard only)
The paragraph has been corrected by a corrector. (in workflow EN 15038 Standard only)
The paragraph has been reviewed by a reviewer.
The paragraph has been released by a corrector. (in workflow EN 15038 Standard only)
The paragraph cannot be edited (e.g. because it has been locked by the project manager or is being edited by another user).
The paragraph has been translated automatically on the basis of crossTank entries.
Pre-translated (context match)
The paragraph has been translated automatically on the basis of crossTank entries. The inserted crossTank entry was a context match.
Pre-translated (structure match)
The paragraph has been translated automatically on the basis of crossTank entries. The inserted crossTank entry was a structure match.
Pre-translated (context and structure match)
The paragraph has been translated automatically on the basis of crossTank entries. The inserted crossTank entry was a context and structure match.
Pre-translated with auto-changes
The paragraph has been translated automatically on the basis of crossTank entries. Automatic changes were performed in the process (e.g. dates detected and adjusted).
The paragraph has been automatically translated by means of a machine translation plugin.
Inserted from bilingual document
The translation has been inserted in the paragraph from a bilingual XLIFF document.
The paragraph's inline objects (placeables or tags) have changed during a document update.
The paragraph has been added to the current document or its text has changed during a document update.