- General Information
- Connecting Third-party Systems
- crossConnect for content systems
- crossConnect for External Editing
- Purpose and usage
- Across XLIFF format
- Across-specific Extensions
- <xliff> Element Attributes
- <file> Element Extensions
- <trans-unit> Element Extension
- Paragraph States
- Paragraph State Flags
- <source> and <target> Element Content
- <bpt> Element Attributes
- <ph> Element Attributes
- <x> Element Attributes
- Across-specific Properties
- Analysis Results
- Sample Files
- Across XLIFF - import, export and segmentation
- Context information
- Exporting best matches in Across XLIFF
- Hyperlinks to XLIFF
- Secure file handling with C#
- Secure file handling with JAVA
- Workflow and vendor configuration
- Sample code - Integrated solution
- Across XLIFF format
- Generic File Connector
- Display Texts
- Solution approaches
- The Across solution in detail
- The display text format
- The display text package
- APIs - Technology
- crossTank API v1
- crossTank API v2
- crossTerm API v1
- crossTerm API v2
- crossAPI SI
- Function Return Types
- crossAPI SI and Java
- List of Objects in crossAPI SI
- ObjectManager - Overview
- ProjectManager - Overview
- WanGridManager - Overview
- Sample - transferring checkout files via FileManager
- Sample - VBS
- Text Preprocessing API
The display text format
DT-XML format is an XML file specification from Across Systems which is used for the integrated display text solution. This document type allows translating display texts with customized TrueTypeFonts in crossWeb. It offers a WYSIWYG representation of the dimensions of the text boxes in its real font. Also it qualifies if the text fits into its box or not.
During check-in to the Across Language Server, the DTXML files are validated based on an integrated XML schema. This article describes this schema and helps you to create valid DTXML files to translate your own display texts in crossWeb.
The DT-XML schema
There are different versions of the schema:
Creation and initial content
New element lines is introduced to describe displays with variable lines length. lines element has a higher priority as width and height elements. If it's defined width and height are ignored.
New element protectedText is introduced to protect a part of text (term/name etc.) from changes during translation.
Kerning and DPI settings are supported for displays. Rendering engine (validator) can be specified for a display.
Comments are replaced to multiple comments with simple formatting. User can use xdata tag to store its own data. Possibility to store preview images. It is possible to create Display Texts packages (.dtx)
You can download the current DT-XML schema here: DT-XML v5.
We recommend to use e.g. Visual Studio for DT-XML validation. Some tools may not be able to process rules defined via regular expressions.
Display Text Package Format (DTX)
The DTX package format allows to provide pictures for Display Text translations in crossWeb.