- General Information
- Connecting Third-party Systems
- crossConnect for content systems
- crossConnect for External Editing
- Purpose and usage
- Across XLIFF format
- Across-specific Extensions
- <xliff> Element Attributes
- <file> Element Extensions
- <trans-unit> Element Extension
- Paragraph States
- Paragraph State Flags
- <source> and <target> Element Content
- <bpt> Element Attributes
- <ph> Element Attributes
- <x> Element Attributes
- Across-specific Properties
- Analysis Results
- Sample Files
- Across XLIFF - import, export and segmentation
- Context information
- Exporting best matches in Across XLIFF
- Hyperlinks to XLIFF
- Secure file handling with C#
- Secure file handling with JAVA
- Workflow and vendor configuration
- Sample code - Integrated solution
- Across XLIFF format
- Generic File Connector
- Display Texts
- Solution approaches
- The Across solution in detail
- The display text format
- The display text package
- APIs - Technology
- crossTank API v1
- crossTank API v2
- crossTerm API v1
- crossTerm API v2
- crossAPI SI
- Function Return Types
- crossAPI SI and Java
- List of Objects in crossAPI SI
- ObjectManager - Overview
- ProjectManager - Overview
- WanGridManager - Overview
- Sample - transferring checkout files via FileManager
- Sample - VBS
- Text Preprocessing API
Configuring the connector
The general crossConnect configuration can be done either in the user interface (crossAdmin) or by editing the config.xml file directly.
Find the config file in the standard installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Across\AcrossServer\extensions\crossConnect\crossConnectPlus\Exec.
All settings made in the user interface are written into the config.xml file. The config.xml file contains some additional settings like log file location.
Configuring via the user interface
If you are performing an Across re-installation or migration, you should back up the config.xm file, so you can restore the settings afterwards.
- Open crossAdmin.
- Go to crossConnect and click on crossConnect.Tip
In case crossConnect is not displayed, you need to install it by running the Across.Setup and changing the configuration.
- Click on Settings.
- If you want to use SOAP for connecting crossAPI, activate the option and enter the location (e. g. http://<servername>/crossAPI).
- Enter a username and password for the crossAPI user.Tip
Use existing ALS-user data.
- Activate enable extended crossAPI logging as crossConnect makes use of crossAPI internally.
- Choose whether your watchfolder is a local (or network) directory or located on an FTP server.
- Depending on your selection, configure the network/FTP settings:
- If you have choosen a local directory, define the input and output folder under Local network settings.
- If you have chosen an FTP server, define the download (files to be checked in) and upload (after checkout) address under FTP settings.
- According to demand you can define some fallback parameters under Default Options.Tip
They only apply if they are not defined in the instructions.xml file.Tip
Keeping documents in Across after the export is possible for crossWAN packages.
- Save your settings with OK.
- Start the crossConnect Service with Start.
- When the service has started, crossConnect shows a summary of the settings applied.
Configuring via the config.xml
- To configure crossConnect via the config file, do the following.
- Navigate to the config file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Across\AcrossServer\extensions\crossConnect\crossConnectPlus\Exec and open it.
- Make the required changes in the file.
- Save and close the config file.
- The configuration is now active.