- General Information
- Connecting Third-party Systems
- crossConnect for content systems
- crossConnect for External Editing
- Purpose and usage
- Across XLIFF format
- Across-specific Extensions
- <xliff> Element Attributes
- <file> Element Extensions
- <trans-unit> Element Extension
- Paragraph States
- Paragraph State Flags
- <source> and <target> Element Content
- <bpt> Element Attributes
- <ph> Element Attributes
- <x> Element Attributes
- Across-specific Properties
- Analysis Results
- Sample Files
- Across XLIFF - import, export and segmentation
- Context information
- Exporting best matches in Across XLIFF
- Hyperlinks to XLIFF
- Secure file handling with C#
- Secure file handling with JAVA
- Workflow and vendor configuration
- Sample code - Integrated solution
- Across XLIFF format
- Generic File Connector
- Display Texts
- Solution approaches
- The Across solution in detail
- The display text format
- The display text package
- APIs - Technology
- crossTank API v1
- crossTank API v2
- crossTerm API v1
- crossTerm API v2
- crossAPI SI
- Function Return Types
- crossAPI SI and Java
- List of Objects in crossAPI SI
- ObjectManager - Overview
- ProjectManager - Overview
- WanGridManager - Overview
- Sample - transferring checkout files via FileManager
- Sample - VBS
- Text Preprocessing API
crossTerm API with Java
If you want to reproduce this example, you can download and extract the ZIP file.
Configuration and start
The demo application has a configuration file 'config.xml'. It contains 3 parameters: crossTerm API service URL, source language code and max word combination for search terms in text mode.
- The default values are:
- URL: http://localhost/Across/CrossTerm/api/v1
- Language: 1033 (English - United States)
- Max words: 3
To start the application, use AcrossTermSample.jar or AcrossTermSample.html.
You can either watch the demo or see the description below.
Find a video of the demo here:
- Start the application and type a misnomer as product name.
- The terminology check is triggered as soon as you switch into another field.
- For misnomers:
- A warning shows up next to the input field.
- The result panel shows the misnomer and the recommended term.
- For recommended terms:
- No warnings are shown.
- The result panel shows the terms found.
- When you click on one of the terms, the selected term opens in crossTerm Web. Here additional information such as definitions, images, synonyms etc. could be available.
- When you type into product description, a check will be done (after an idle time of 500 ms).
- The Features field implements an auto-suggestion based on crossTerm while typing terms are suggested. Misnomers are ignored when suggestions are collected.
- The application presents different ways of searching terms in Across.
- SearchTerms: This is called by lost focus of the field Project name. The value of the field is a searched term. Found terms are shown in the field Found terms.
- SearchTermsInText: a user types in the field Project description and if he pauses for longer than 0.5 seconds during typing, search starts. The value of the field is a text for the search.
- WildcardSearch: When a user types in the field Features, search starts. This mode works only if the user types 2 or more symbols into the field.
Interface to crossTerm Web
See crossTerm Web for details on how to open crossTerm Web with a specified term.
The following technologies are used:
Apache HTTP client
Connection to crossTerm API
Parsing JSON data