- UI overview
- Process Overview
- TMS integration
- CMS integration
Generic File Connector
If you want to connect your CMS to Elanion, you can do so with the help of the Generic File Connector, which represents a file-based interface to Elanion. If the preconditions for the input and output packages and for the exchange folder structure are met, the data exchange between your CMS and Elanion is very easy: Simply put the input package into the designated Connector folder structure. Elanion will collect the input package via Microsoft OneDrive and automatically send it to your TMS. Upon completion of the translation project in the TMS, your target data will be returned to the Connector exchange folder via Elanion.
Further information is available in the Across SDK under Generic File Connector.
Preparation: MS OneDrive
For the Generic File Connector, you need to set up the required folder structure on the CMS and configure it for synchronization with MS OneDrive.
Setting up the automation
In Elanion, set up an automation for the Generic File Connector.
Once the MS OneDrive folder structure for the Connector and the CMS automation have been set up, you can process texts from your CMS that are to be translated via Elanion.
- Overview of the steps that are required or that take place for the translation process via Elanion:
- Put the input package into the designated untranslated folder on your CMS.
- MS OneDrive will synchronize the content of the untranslated folder with the cloud.
- Elanion will watch the OneDrive folder untranslated and process any files placed in this folder.
As soon as the project has been created, it will be displayed in Elanion under Projects with the In translation status. This means that the project is available for further processing in Across.
- Process the tasks in Across as usual and finish them in order for the project itself to be finished as well. This will trigger the delivery to the translated folder in MS OneDrive via Elanion. After the project has been finished in Across, the status of the project in Elanion will change to Translated.
- MS OneDrive will synchronize the content of the translated folder with that on your CMS.
- The translations can now be imported to your CMS.