Log files record the selected settings of crossTerm imports and detailed information on the import process. Following a crossTerm import, this enables you to see which data have been imported and why certain data may not have been imported.
Apart from the selected import settings, log files contain detailed information on the imported terminology data and on their processing (e.g. information on the successful import of entries and terms and, if not imported, information on why the import did not take place).
Content of log files
The content of log files comprises three areas.
Basic import information and settings
The first area of the log files contains basic information on the crossTerm import performed (i.e. the storage location and the name of the imported file) and on the settings selected in the crossTerm Import Wizard:
- when importing terminology data from MultiTerm: the name and storage location of the XDT file
- when using an import template: the name and storage location of the template
- when importing without user interaction: the name and storage location of the created TBX file
Selected import settings (mappings, etc.) in XML format
Information on the mappings defined by the user and on the settings selected in the last wizard step (manual correction of existing entries, status Released for imported terms, etc.)
Information to the processed entries and terms
- ID/number of the imported entry
- Information on the processing of the respective entry (creation of a new entry, ID and GUID of the crossTerm entry in the case of merged entries, explanations if an entry is not imported, etc.)
- the actual terms
- any messages
The log files do not contain information on terms that are not imported due to user settings (e.g. terms in languages not to be imported).