Delivering crossWAN Tasks
These instructions will help you to upload (crossWAN load) fully or partially completed tasks from your local hard drive to the Across Server, along with all relevant data - or export them as a CRU file (crossWAN classic).
The Deliver Task Wizard helps you to deliver tasks.
Please note that you must be assigned the user type Offline user in Across to be able to export tasks as outlined in the instructions below.
- Proceed as follows:
- Start the Deliver Task Wizard by clicking the icon in the Across toolbar or via the menu item File > Deliver Tasks.Tip
As soon as you have finished working on a task in crossDesk, the Deliver Task Wizard is started automatically and does not need to be started manually.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- Decide whether you want to upload the task directly to the Across Server or export it in the form of a CRU file that contains all data created while processing the task and that you must send to the project manager of your task on a suitable data medium, by e-mail or as an FTP download.
- To export the task as CRU file, select the corresponding option and enter the location and name.
- Click Save to confirm.
- Additionally, select the package version of the Across Server. You will get this information from the project manager on the Across Server side.
- Click Next.
- Select the task you would like to upload to the server.
- If you would like to transfer a finished task to the Across Server, you can select it by enabling the appropriate checkbox in the Finish column.
- To transfer an intermediate state to the Across Server, clear the corresponding checkbox.Attention
Please note that upon upload to the Across Server, all paragraphs that have reached the final paragraph state (e.g. Translated) will be set to the Locked status. Henceforth, these paragraphs will be displayed as read-only and can no longer be processed. Therefore, do not upload the task unless you are sure that paragraphs with the final paragraph state no longer need to be edited.Attention
Once all paragraphs of a task have been set to the final paragraph state and you select the checkbox in the Finish column, the tasks will no longer be edited after it has been transmitted to the Across Server, but can only be viewed.
- Enable the corresponding checkbox to determine whether you would also like to transfer the respective crossTank and/or crossTerm entries from your local hard drive to the Server.
- Click Finish.
- The desired data will be created and uploaded to the Server or saved to a CRU file.
To track this process, click Background tasks at the bottom right in the client in order to open the Background Tasks Progress dialog.
- Once the Background tasks button is no longer displayed, all needed data have been transmitted from your local system to the server or saved to a CRU file.
If you have created a CRU file, you only need to send the task you have worked on to the project manager. The project manager will import it, thereby gaining access to all relevant data.
You receive a corresponding message as soon as the transferred files have been processed by the Across Server.
Delivery certificates provide evidence of the successful delivery of tasks. You can create such a certificate under Tools > Delivery Certificates.