- Installation and Administration
- About Across Translator Edition
- Installation of the Across Translator Edition
- Connection to Across Account
- Activation of the Across Translator Edition
- Functions of the Across Translator Edition
- Data Synchronization/Migration of the Across Translator Edition
- Backing up Data of the Translator Edition
- Restoring Translator Edition Backups
- Uninstalling the Across Translator Edition
- Getting Started
- Structure and Architecture
- Basic Decisions
- Logging in
- Change username/password
- Confirming and Opening Tasks
- Internal Communication
- Rights System: Default Settings
- System Management
- User settings
- System settings
- Quality Management v6.3
- Quality Management v7.0
- System Attributes
- Tagged HTML
- Tagged SGML
- Tagged XML
- Tagged XML v2
- Visual XML
- Word 2007-2016
- System attributes
- Project Management
- Quality management
- The Filter Editor
- Relay Translations
- Document preparation
- Term Extraction and Term Translation
- External Editing of Documents
- The EN 15038 Standard Workflow
- The ISO 17100 Standard Workflow
- Cost Estimates
- Task Processing
- Working in crossDesk
- Paragraph States
- Empty Paragraphs
- Customizing crossDesk
- Tasks in Across
- Paragraph Numbering
- Sorting Paragraphs
- Context View/Source View
- crossTerm Window in crossDesk
- Fuzzy search
- Concordance search
- Spell-check and User Dictionary
- Store Translations Wizard
- The Target Editor
- QM Check in crossDesk
- Search and Replace
- Redelegation to the Translator
- Quick Translate
- Local Data in the Offline Client
- TM Management
- The crossTank Manager
- Adding Translations
- Editing Translations
- Changing the Status of Translations
- Merging Translations
- Deleting Translations
- Protecting Translations
- Searching for Translations
- Generating a crossTank Summary
- crossTank Import
- crossTank Export
- crossTank Maintenance
- Terminology Management
- Concept-Oriented Terminology System
- The crossTerm Manager
- crossTerm settings
- crossTerm Manager User Interface
- Searching for Entries/Terms
- Search Types
- Display of Search Suggestions
- Filters and Filter Sets
- Entry and term elements
- Editing Entries/Terms
- Delete Entries/Term(s)
- Merging Entries
- Duplicating Entries
- Manual correction
- crossTerm Reports
- crossTerm Import
- crossTerm Export
- crossTerm Data Maintenance
- crossTerm Web
- Browser-based Work
- Editing of Special Formats
- HTML Documents
- XML Documents
- SGML Documents
- FrameMaker Documents
- Word Documents
- TXT Documents
- Excel Documents
- PowerPoint documents
- InDesign and InCopy Documents
- QuickSilver documents
- PO Documents
- MC Documents
- XLIFF Documents
- Software Localization
- Localization of mobile apps
- Localizing Display Texts
- Menus, Icons, and Keyboard Shortcuts
The My tasks module
After logging in to crossWeb, you are in the My tasks module. It displays at a glance an overview of all pending tasks.
All tasks assigned to a user are listed - including all important data such as project name, type of task, source and target languages, and due date. When you click a task, additional information such as the subject, the respective project manager, and progress is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Moreover, further details about the task are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
The tasks you have not yet confirmed are highlighted in bold type. In this way, they can easily be distinguished from tasks that have already been accepted and that are not highlighted.
Confirming or Rejecting Tasks
When you are assigned a task, you will see a new entry in the My Tasks module. You need to confirm the assigned task before you can begin working on it. Use the Confirm/Reject button above the tasks list to accept or reject the task.
A report with key information about the respective task, such as the number of words, is displayed in order to assist you in your decision to confirm or reject the task.
Confirming All Tasks of a Project
In addition to confirming individual tasks, you can also confirm all tasks of a project assigned to you. To do this, proceed as follows:
- From the drop-down list on the left-hand side of the My Tasks module, select a project whose tasks you want to confirm.
- The tasks that have been assigned within the scope of the selected project are displayed. Click Confirm/Reject all tasks.
- A report with key information about the tasks, such as the number of words, is displayed in order to assist you in your decision to confirm or reject the task. Click Confirm.
- You have accepted all tasks of the selected project.
If you reject a task assigned to you, you can comment your decision in a dialog window. The responsible project manager will be informed about the rejection of the task and possibly about the reasons, e.g. via Across messaging.
You can perform translation, correction and review tasks assigned to you with crossWeb or with a normal Across Client. Thus, translation and review tasks do not need to be assigned separately for crossWeb.
Crowd tasks are the tasks which are assigned to a user crowd. These are special groups freely composed of desired Across users by a project manager. Both online and offline users can be members of a user crowd. Offline translators, however, can only confirm crowd tasks via crossWeb.
Tasks assigned to a crowd are displayed to all members of the crowd as assigned tasks. Crowd tasks are designated as such in a new column in the My Tasks module.
Only those who accept the task first can process it. The other members of the crowd are informed that the task has already been accepted by a crowd member.
As soon as a crowd task is confirmed, the task assignment automatically switches from the crowd to the user who confirmed the task.
Thus, the task is transformed from a crowd task to a normal task and can be processed as any other task.
Apart from allowing you to confirm and open tasks, the My Tasks module also enables you to perform pre-translations. In this process, Across compares the source text to be translated with the translation units stored in crossTank and automatically inserts any existing 100% matches in the target text.
Proceed as follows to run a pre-translation in crossWeb:
- Select a task you want to run the pre-translation for in the My Tasks module.
- Then click the Pre-translation button above the tasks list to run the pre-translation.
- The pre-translation will be run.
After performing a pre-translation and especially before publishing or forwarding the finished translation, we recommend reviewing the document and checking the correctness of the translations auto-inserted by the pre-translation.