- Installation and Administration
- About Across Translator Edition
- Installation of the Across Translator Edition
- Connection to Across Account
- Activation of the Across Translator Edition
- Functions of the Across Translator Edition
- Data Synchronization/Migration of the Across Translator Edition
- Backing up Data of the Translator Edition
- Restoring Translator Edition Backups
- Uninstalling the Across Translator Edition
- Getting Started
- Structure and Architecture
- Basic Decisions
- Logging in
- Change username/password
- Confirming and Opening Tasks
- Internal Communication
- Rights System: Default Settings
- System Management
- User settings
- System settings
- Quality Management v6.3
- Quality Management v7.0
- System Attributes
- Tagged HTML
- Tagged SGML
- Tagged XML
- Tagged XML v2
- Visual XML
- Word 2007-2016
- System attributes
- Project Management
- Quality management
- The Filter Editor
- Relay Translations
- Document preparation
- Term Extraction and Term Translation
- External Editing of Documents
- The EN 15038 Standard Workflow
- The ISO 17100 Standard Workflow
- Cost Estimates
- Task Processing
- Working in crossDesk
- Paragraph States
- Empty Paragraphs
- Customizing crossDesk
- Tasks in Across
- Paragraph Numbering
- Sorting Paragraphs
- Context View/Source View
- crossTerm Window in crossDesk
- Fuzzy search
- Concordance search
- Spell-check and User Dictionary
- Store Translations Wizard
- The Target Editor
- QM Check in crossDesk
- Search and Replace
- Redelegation to the Translator
- Quick Translate
- Local Data in the Offline Client
- TM Management
- The crossTank Manager
- Adding Translations
- Editing Translations
- Changing the Status of Translations
- Merging Translations
- Deleting Translations
- Protecting Translations
- Searching for Translations
- Generating a crossTank Summary
- crossTank Import
- crossTank Export
- crossTank Maintenance
- Terminology Management
- Concept-Oriented Terminology System
- The crossTerm Manager
- crossTerm settings
- crossTerm Manager User Interface
- Searching for Entries/Terms
- Search Types
- Display of Search Suggestions
- Filters and Filter Sets
- Entry and term elements
- Editing Entries/Terms
- Delete Entries/Term(s)
- Merging Entries
- Duplicating Entries
- Manual correction
- crossTerm Reports
- crossTerm Import
- crossTerm Export
- crossTerm Data Maintenance
- crossTerm Web
- Browser-based Work
- Editing of Special Formats
- HTML Documents
- XML Documents
- SGML Documents
- FrameMaker Documents
- Word Documents
- TXT Documents
- Excel Documents
- PowerPoint documents
- InDesign and InCopy Documents
- QuickSilver documents
- PO Documents
- MC Documents
- XLIFF Documents
- Software Localization
- Localization of mobile apps
- Localizing Display Texts
- Menus, Icons, and Keyboard Shortcuts
crossWeb: starting and logging in
In order to use crossWeb, you need to have a computer with an Internet connection, your Across user name, and, if applicable, your password as well as the HTTP(S) address of the Across Server. If necessary, contact your system administrator or the Across supervisor to obtain the required access data.
Moreover, you must be a member of the user group Translator, Corrector, Reviewer and/or Project manager.
crossWeb supports the following browser versions:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0
- current versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari
The use of crossWeb requires at least 1 GB free RAM (2 GB or more recommended). In addition, a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 pixels (4:3 format) or 1366 x 768 (16:9 format) in full screen mode is needed. (Activate/deactivate the full screen mode with F11.)
Proceed as follows to start crossWeb and log in to crossWeb:
- Open your computer's Internet browser and enter the address (URL) http://<server-IP-address>/crossWeb. If the Server uses an encrypted connection enter https://<server-IP-address>/crossWeb.
Replace <server-IP-address> with the IP address of the Across Server, such as http://123.456.789.000/crossWeb.
- Select the language in which the crossWeb interface should be displayed.
The crossWeb user interface is available by default in English, German, and French.
- Log in with your Across user name and your password.
- crossWeb opens up.
The My Tasks module displays an overview of the tasks already assigned to you.
Login via Windows Authentication
Apart from the normal login with the Across user name, the login to crossWeb can also take place via the Windows user account in the Active Directory. Thus, manual login is no longer necessary, as the user is authenticated via the Windows user administration.
To use the Windows authentication, your user must have been created accordingly.
To log in to crossWeb via Windows authentication, proceed as follows:
- Select the Windows authentication (without entering your user name and password) in the crossWeb login screen and click Login.
- Subsequently, a dialog window may open up in which you can enter the Windows user name and the associated password. Enter your details and confirm them with OK.
- You will be logged in to crossWeb. Following the login, crossWeb will open with the My Tasks module.
When using the Internet Explorer, the option Enable Integrated Windows Authentication must be activated in the advanced settings (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced).
To log in to crossWeb with Windows authentication, the Windows user for whom Windows authentication is configured in Across must currently be logged on to Windows.
You will automatically be logged out of crossWeb if you do not perform any actions in crossWeb for a certain period. By default, this period is 20 minutes.