Generating a crossTank Summary
crossTank summaries contain information about the crossTank data stock. Thus, summaries do not contain any actual crossTank entries or translations, but rather provide insight on the composition of the crossTank stock, e.g. with respect to the number of existing crossTank entries in the various languages.
- Proceed as follows:
- In the crossTank Manager, select the menu item Tools > Summaries.
- Determine the information to be included in the summary.
- To do this, select the needed categories from the list on the left and click Add.
- The following categories can be selected:
- Language: representation of the crossTank stock by languages
- Subject along with sub-subject: representation of the crossTank stock by subjects and sub-subjects
- Relation: representation of the crossTank stock by relations
- Created by: representation of the crossTank stock by authors
- Modified by: representation of the crossTank stock by editors
- Project: representation of the crossTank stock by projects
- Status: representation of the crossTank stock by states (Released and Unreleased)
- Use the Up and Down button to determine their display order in the summary.Attention
When creating summaries, the order of the selected categories is especially important, as the analysis of the crossTank stock takes place hierarchically: The crossTank stock is first analyzed on the basis of the first category, then on the basis of the second category, and so on. For example, if you create a crossTank summary with the Subject and Language categories, the crossTank stock will first be analyzed with respect to the subject (and any sub-subjects) of the crossTank entries. For each of the subjects (and any sub-subjects), the crossTank stock will then be analyzed with respect to the crossTank entries in the various languages.
- Click Finish to generate the summary.
You can print the summary by clicking the icon. Click the icon to store the summary to the clipboard. From here, you can use the shortcut key Ctrl+V to paste it into another application (e.g., Microsoft Word) for further editing. By clicking the icon, you can save the summary as HTML or XML document.