Creating users with Across login
The following instruction will help you to easily understand how to create a new user in Across. The User Wizard will help you to create a new user.
Proceed as follows:
- Start the User Wizard in one of the following ways:
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- The Basic information dialog opens.
- Enter the name and the e-mail address of the new user. Now enter the desired user name and a password.
- Click Next.
- Select whether the new user should be an online or offline user.Attention
Please note that these settings can not be modified at a later date.Tip
Online users have direct access to the Across Server via the local network (LAN) or a dedicated line outside the LAN (crossWAN online access).
Offline users work outside the LAN and have indirect access to the Across Server.
While online users may belong to all user groups, offline users may only be team members in the roles of terminologists, translators, correctors or as users of crossTerm Web.
- Assign the user groups that the new user is to be a member of. Select the desired groups in the left pane and click >. You can also assign the user groups by double-clicking the respective entries.
Under Settings template you can assign predefined user settings.
- Click Next to confirm the selection.
- When creating a new offline user, you can first assign him a so called crossWAN packaging template. Subsequently, whenever the particular offline user is assigned tasks, the selected template is automatically used for packaging, and the data package for processing the task is created automatically in accordance with the template specifications.Tip
The crossTank and crossTerm entries that are sent to the offline users for the processing of their tasks are available to the offline users until the last task assigned to the offline user is finished and sent back to the Master Server. Only after the last tasks have been sent to the Across Server, the entries will be deleted on the side of the respective offline user.
The settings, specified in this dialog window, can be changed or determined at all times in the properties of offline users in the crossWAN Settings tab. Any changes do not affect tasks already assigned, but only tasks assigned thereafter.
- Click Next.
- Enter the languages the new user will be working in. Also, select the corresponding degree of expertise from the drop-down list in the Rating column and assign it to the user for the respective language.
- Now select the subjects corresponding to the user's qualification. Select the corresponding (sub-)subjects from the left pane and click Add.
- Across then generates the combination of subjects and languages. You can edit the settings by using the appropriate buttons.
- Click Next.
- The dialog for generating the softkey will open up. The necessary settings (e.g. the user assignment) have already been configured. To save the softkey and/or send it by e-mail to the new user, click Save key and/or E-mail key. Click Next if you prefer to do this later.
- Now you can enter additional information regarding the user of the softkey. All information entered with the User Wizard has already been entered. Now click Finish to complete the creation of the new user profile.
- The new user profile has been created and is displayed in the list of users.