The Report Wizard helps you to create the desired report.
Please note that you need to have the appropriate rights.
By default, the project manager is designated for this type of task.
- Proceed as follows:
- In the module bar on the left, go to the Projects module by clicking Projects > Projects and select the project for which you would like to create a report.
- Click Reports under the top right project pane or click the icon in the Across toolbar in order to start the Report Wizard to generate reports.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
The reports already created for the respective project are listed in an overview - the Report History.
- Click Delete to remove a report from the history or Display report to view a report.
In addition to the Across reports, extensive reporting log files are generated when reports are updated. Among other things, these reporting log files contain detailed information about utilized crossTank entries, match rates, etc. The icon indicates that a reporting log file is available for a report. The file can be saved by clicking Save logfile.Tip
You can access the reporting history under the Reports tab in the settings of a project at a any time.
- Select the desired report and click Next.
- If you started the Report Wizard e.g. by clicking the icon in the Across toolbar, select the project for which you want to generate a report. Then click Next.
- Select the reporting template you want to use for generating the report.Tip
In the reporting templates, you can define details such as the number of characters of a standard line and the crossTank match ranges to be presented in the reports (e.g. 70-89%, 90-99%, etc.).
- Via Configure you can view and edit the selected template and create a new template.
- In addition, by activating the new option Only project section in the Report Wizard, you can determine that Master Data Reports and Dynamic Data Reports to be generated are to contain only project-related information.
In this way, reporting information on the individual documents, which is normally also contained in the reports, is not displayed. For example, the new option is useful if only the project-related part of a report is to be printed.
- Finally, by activating the option Update pre-translation report, the source document is compared anew with crossTank.
If paragraphs have already been translated after checking in the source texts, the values will be updated on the basis of the results of the new analysis.
- Now select the document or the documents for which you would like to create a report.
- Click Finish to generate the report.
- The report appears in a separate window.
The drop-down list in the Master Data Report provides various sample XSLTs to customize reports. Below you can find an example for integrated billing with Across.
After generating a report and especially if the report is going to be used as the basis for billing a translation, we recommend checking the report for correctness and plausibility.