Especially in large Across installations with many projects, you may want to temporarily hide projects, e.g. those you are presently not working on, in order to have a better overview of the remaining projects. Apart from the possibility to move finished projects to the archive, you can also deactivate projects. Deactivated projects are grayed out in the project tree, and only the project names are listed.
Apart from providing a more uncluttered project overview, the deactivation of projects optimizes the performance of Across (e.g. faster login).
You can deactivate and activate projects in various ways.
By default, deactivated projects are grayed out and only the project names are listed in the project tree. By deactivating the menu item View > Show Deactivated Projects, you can determine that deactivated projects are to be hidden completely.
Via project filters
- In the Project filter section of the user settings you can determine projects that should always be deactivated. The settings configured here apply to all Across sessions. Thus, the selected setting will remain valid even if you log out from Across and then log in again.
- The following options are available:
- that as a matter of principle, all projects are to be deactivated (e.g. to subsequently activate only the projects that you are currently working on),
- that all archived projects are to be deactivated or
- that only the projects are to be activated that are assigned to you as project manager.
- In addition, you can determine that only released projects are to be activated.