Importing crossTank/crossTerm Data
Only applies to users who use Across v6.3.
This instruction will help you understand how you can import crossTank and/or crossTerm entries to Across that were transmitted to the Across Server during the translation or editing in the crossWAN load mode or when working on projects with crossGrid.
- The storing of crossTank and crossTerm data on the Master Server is governed exclusively by crossGrid and crossWAN packaging templates.
- If all parties in the supply chain use Across v7, no crossTank packages will be transmitted to the Master Server. The translation units are stored directly from the returned tasks. crossTerm packages will continue to be transferred and automatically imported.
- Parties in the supply chain that use Across v6.3 can continue to send and receive crossTank and crossTerm packages (also when communicating with parties that use Across v7).
- In crossGrid scenarios, no user names are transmitted for crossTank entries. Instead of the user name, only the name of the server on which the entry was created or changed is displayed.
The Import crossTank/Term Packages Wizard supports you when importing the entries.
Please note that you need to have the appropriate rights.
By default, the project manager is designated for this type of task.
- Proceed as follows:
- Start the Import crossTank/Term Packages Wizard in the menu bar via Tools > Import crossTank/crossTerm Packages Wizard.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- Select which projects or documents you would like to import crossTank and/or crossTerm entries for.
- Click the History button for a list of crossTerm and crossTank packages you imported in the past. Optionally, you can expand the list to include packages imported by other project managers.
- Old, already imported packages can be deleted to free the memory space which they occupy in the database and thus to reduce the server workload. However, you should delete them only if Yes is entered in the Imported column.
- Click Finish.
- The selected crossTank and/or crossTerm entries will be imported.
To track this process, click Background tasks at the bottom right in the client.
Once the Background tasks button is no longer displayed, the process is finished.