Delivering Finished Packages
This instruction demonstrate how you can transmit finished packages from your Across Server – the Trusted Server – to the Master Server in the crossGrid module. You can either upload the packages to the Master Server (crossGrid online) or export them in the form of a GRU (Grid Response Unit) file (crossGrid classic). Subsequently, you should provide this GRU file to the project manager on Master Server side on a suitable data medium (e.g., a USB stick), by e-mail or as an FTP download.
The crossGrid Deliver Wizard assists you in transmitting finished packages to the Master Server.
Please note that you need to have the appropriate rights.
By default, the project manager is designated for this type of task.
- Proceed as follows:
- Click the module bar on the left to switch to the crossGrid module via Projects > crossGrid.
- In the bottom right pane, select the package you want to transmit to the Master Server and click Deliver in order to start the crossGrid Deliver Wizard for the transmission of finished packages to the Master Server.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- Decide whether you want to upload the package directly to the Across Server or export it in the form of a GRU file (Grid Response Unit) that contains all data created while processing the tasks and that you must send to the project manager on the Master Server side, e.g. on a suitable data medium (USB stick, ...), by e-mail or as an FTP download.
- To export the tasks as GRU file, select the corresponding option and click Browse. Select a location and enter a name for the GRU file. Click Save to confirm.
- Click Next.
- If you want to transmit crossTank and/or crossTerm entries to the Master Server along with the document, enable the corresponding checkboxes.
- You can also determine whether user information (e.g., the names of the authors of crossTank and/or crossTerm entries) is to be transmitted.Attention
When a task is sent back to a Master Server, the system will not only transmit the crossTank and crossTerm entries that were modified or newly created while processing the respective task to the Across Server. All crossTank and crossTerm entries that were modified or newly created while processing all tasks assigned to the Trusted Server by the respective Master Server will be transmitted. This applies to the crossTank and crossTerm entries in the language combinations that concern the task to be transmitted.
- Determine which crossTank and crossTerm packages are to be transmitted.
- Click Execute.
The relevant data are compiled and uploaded to the Master Server or saved to the GRU file.
- Once task has been transferred or saved, click OK.
Thus, the tasks have been fully transmitted to the Master Server or saved to the GRU file.
- Click Report to generate proof of the delivery of the crossGrid package. You can also check the transmission history of crossGrid packages for detailed information on the history of crossGrid packages.
- You can open the transmission history by selecting a crossGrid package in the crossGrid module and clicking Properties.
- Go to the Status tab and click Transmission history.Attention
If you exported a crossGrid task as a GRU file, you need to send it to the project manager on the Master Server side. The project manager will import it, thereby gaining access to all relevant data.
- You receive a corresponding message as soon as the transferred files have been processed by the Master Server.
Please note that the crossTank and crossTerm entries that were transmitted by the Master Server for processing the delegated tasks or that were created while processing the tasks will be deleted after the tasks are finished and uploaded to the Master Server and will no longer be available to you.