If tasks in the form of crossGrid packages are delegated from your Across Server to another Across Server, your Across Server takes on the function of the Master Server. The delegated crossGrid packages can be managed in the section Delegated packages of the crossGrid module.
Please note that you need to have the appropriate rights.
By default, the project manager is designated for this type of task.
- Proceed as follows:
- In the crossGrid module click Create to start the crossGrid Delegation Wizard for delegating packages.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- First, select the Trusted Server the package is to be delegated to.
- Enter a name for the package.
- Click Finish.
The created package appears in the crossGrid module.
- Go to the Tasks module.
- Assign the desired tasks to the package as usual.
- In the crossGrid module define via the Build button, which information (e.g. crossTank and crossTerm entries) should be transferred to the Trusted Server.
In the course of the compilation of this information, you must select the package version of the Trusted Server. Among other things, the package version depends on the version of the Across database. You must get this information from the project manager on the Trusted Server side.Tip
Among other things, the package version depends on the version of the Across database. The package version of your own Across installation is indicated in the information window that you can display with Help > About Across.
- After the information is compiled, the package is made available for download by the Trusted Server.
Using the button crossGrid classic OUT, you can also create a GWU file (Grid Working Unit). You should provide this file to the project manager on Trusted Server side on a suitable data medium (USB stick) or as an FTP download.
If your Trusted Server has accepted or rejected the package, the tasks contained in this package will be set to the respective status, e.g. Confirmed.