- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
A softkey must be created for every Client user and made available to the respective user.
Softkeys serve the easy connection of clients to the server and, in WAN environments, the authentication of users with the server. The maximum number of activated softkeys corresponds to the number of Client licenses you have purchased Through the selection of a softkey when logging in, the client workstation knows how to exchange data with Across Servers.
You can create two different types of licenses: online and offline licenses.
For crossLAN and crossWAN online workstations, you need to create online licenses. For crossWAN load and crossWAN classic workstations, offline licenses are created.
Before a user can be assigned to a softkey, the user has to be created in the user administration of the Online Client under Administration > User.
Please note that the crossVPN Server must be operating before you generate softkeys for the crossWAN modes. Otherwise, the softkeys must be created anew by means of the Softkeys Wizard and sent to users.