- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
The crossWAN load mode only requires a temporary connection to the Internet in order to exchange data packages. After downloading the data from the Across Server, the user works offline, i.e. without being connected to the Across Server, and uploads the data to the Across Server upon completion of his task.
To use the crossWAN load mode, it must be activated with the option Enable crossWAN load/classic users in the crossWAN/Grid section of the Server Administration settings of the Across Server.
In the crossWAN load mode, project management functions (project management and document preparation tasks) cannot be exercised and term extraction cannot be performed. However, they can perform all other task types, e.g. term and document translation, correction and review tasks.
crossWAN load and crossWAN classic are functionally combined in Across and can therefore be used alternately: Depending on the available infrastructure and Internet connection, tasks can either be downloaded from the Across Server (crossWAN load) and imported another time in the form of CWU (Client Working Unit) files (crossWAN classic).
In order to work with the crossWAN load and crossWAN classic modes you need to create an offline license. Further information is available here.