- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
In the crossWAN classic mode, the data are only exchanged manually between the Across Server and the crossWAN Client.
The project manager exports the data required to perform a task in the form of so-called Client Working Units (CWU files) and makes them available to the crossWAN classic user, for example, by saving the data to a USB stick, by downloading them to an FTP server, or by sending them via e-mail. The crossWAN classic user imports the file to Across and then works on the task in the same fashion as a crossWAN load user. Once the task has been finished - or at any time during editing - he or she then exports the task as a so-called Client Response Unit (CRU file) and makes it available to the project manager, who then imports the file to Across.
To use the crossWAN classic mode, it must be activated with the option Enable crossWAN load/classic users in the crossWAN/Grid section of the Server Administration settings of the Across Server.
In the crossWAN classic mode, project management functions (project management and document preparation tasks) cannot be exercised and term extraction cannot be performed. However, they can perform all other task types, e.g. term and document translation, correction and review tasks.
crossWAN load and crossWAN classic are functionally combined in Across and can therefore be used alternately: Depending on the available infrastructure and Internet connection, tasks can either be downloaded from the Across Server (crossWAN load) and imported another time in the form of CWU files (crossWAN classic).
In order to work with the crossWAN load and crossWAN classic modes you need to create an offline license.