- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
Installing and Configuring the Across Server
The following instruction explains the installation and configuration of the Across Server, in which the Across databases are connected th an existing Microsoft SQL Server.
Before you begin installing the Across Server, your firewall needs to be configured appropriately.
Server Installation on one Server
- Proceed as follows to carry out an installation of the Across Server:
- Log in to your server as a user with administration rights.
- Unzip the archive file containing the Across installation files and save the extracted files to your hard disk.
- Execute the file Across.Setup.exe to launch the Installation Wizard that will lead you through the installation of Across.
- Select the language in which the Across interface should be displayed.
- To change the location, click ... and select a different location.
- Enable the checkbox to confirm that you have read the license conditions and accept them.
- Click Optional Components for a list of Across components available for optional installation.Tip
By default, the crossTank Server is also installed within the scope of the main installation; however, you can deactivate the checkbox and install a dedicated crossTank Server on another server.
- Launch the installation by clicking Install.
You can monitor the installation procedure with the help of the progress bars.
- Upon completion of the installation, click Configure Now in order to start the Across Setup Configuration.
- Enter your company information and your Customer Product Key.
- Click Next to activate the product.
- The next step is the definition of the parameters needed for the installation of the Across database. Usually, all needed information except for the administrator password for the SQL Server is already entered.
- Via the SQL account for Across Services tab, set the user name and password for access of the Across services to the SQL Server.
- Click Next.
The database will now be set up with the needed tables and table fields.
- Specify the server name and determine whether you would like to activate crossVPN.Tip
General information on crossVPN is available at crossVPN Server.
- Click Next.
- Select whether the web-based components such as crossWeb and crossterm Now are to be accessible via HTTPS or via HTTP.
- HTTPS: You need an SSL certificate specifically issue to your company. The transmission of all data will be encrypted.
- HTTP: You do not need any SSL certificate, but the transmission of all data will take place without encryption.
Further information on the SSL certificates is available at Web-based Across Components with HTTPS.
- Click Next.
- The final dialog confirms the successful configuration of your Across Language Server.
Comment to Default Supervisor
During the installation, an Across user called Default Supervisor is created automatically. Across users who are assigned the Supervisor role have unlimited access rights for all modules and are responsible for the administration and management of the program. The user name of the auto-created Default Supervisor is "Default"; by default, no password is set.
We urgently recommend setting up a new Supervisor user (with password) after the installation and subsequently deactivating the Default Supervisor.
Please do not delete the Default Supervisor, as this user is required for a number of Across processes. These processes will continue to work even if the Default Supervisor is deactivated, but not if he is deleted.
- To deactivate the Default Supervisor, proceed as follows:
- Log in to Across as Default Supervisor.
- Use Administration > User to go to the User module.
- Click New to start the User Wizard.
- Create a new user who will henceforth assume the Supervisor role. Determine a user name and password of your choice.
- Follow the further instructions of the User Wizard.
- Save the softkey in the respective dialog.
- Finish the User Wizard and log out from Across.
- Open crossAdmin and use Across > Softkeys to go to the Softkeys module.
- Deactivate the user Default Supervisor (license name: MyComputer) by clicking Deactivate.
- From now on, use your newly created Supervisor user for all Supervisor tasks.
Following the deactivation of the Default Supervisor, this user's softkey information must be removed manually from the login dialog of the Online Client. After the deactivation, this user can no longer log in anyway. To remove the information, click the X icon and confirm that you want to remove the softkey.