- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
Apart from the normal use of crossVPN, in which the crossVPN Server is installed on the same server as the Across Server, crossVPN Proxy is also available to you for use in IT environments that have stricter security rules. In this case, crossVPN can be installed on a separate server located within the DMZ.
Queries of an Across Client from the WAN are forwarded to the Across Server in encrypted form via crossVPN Proxy Server. The response of the Across Server to the Client also takes place via the crossVPN Proxy Server. In this case, crossVPN is not only responsible for the encryption, but also assumes a proxy function.
Please note that to use the crossVPN Proxy Server, connections must exist to the Across Servers and to the SQL Server.
Please note that when installing an Across update on the Across Server, this update must also be installed on the dedicated crossVPN Proxy Server!
The configuration of crossVPN Proxy on a dedicated server takes place in the administration software crossAdmin. You can open crossAdmin via Start > All Programs > Across > crossAdmin.
If you would like to modify crossVPN Proxy settings, it is necessary to click Stop to stop the server first. Once you have changed the configuration, the Server must be restarted by clicking the Start button.
For further information, please consult your contact at Across Systems GmbH.
General information on Across services is available at www.across.net/en/services/.