- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
crossTerm Web is the Web-based edition of crossTerm. With crossTerm Web, users can perform tasks like doing terminology research and creating terminology entries via the Internet, using a browser.
The browser-based terminology work with crossTerm is based on the crossTerm Web Server. By default, this web application is installed along with the Across Language Server. Therefore, the crossTerm Web Server does not require any separate installation, but merely needs to be activated with a suitable Customer Product Key to enable its use. To activate the purchased product, update the Customer Product Key by clicking Update in the Licenses module of crossAdmin, which you can access via Across > Licenses.
For application scenarios that involve the access by multiple users to crossTerm Web at the same time, the crossTerm Web Server can be installed on a dedicated server.
Example installation instructions are available here.
For further information, please consult your contact at Across Systems GmbH.
General information on Across services is available at www.across.net/en/services/.