- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
Automatic Client Update
Across supports the automatic client-side installation of updates. Every time an Across user logs in, the system automatically checks whether the Across Server and client have the same version level. If the update level is identical on both sides, the Client can log on to the Server.
If the version level is different, the Client will download the latest update made available by the Server. After the update is downloaded, it is installed automatically. Subsequently, the Across user can log in as usual.
The version level is automatically checked via the Across Update Service. By default, this service is installed along with the server and the Across Online Client and is subsequently run in the background.
If this service is installed, the Across users no longer need to be granted rights to install the update.
Please note that the Across Translator Edition and thus the Offline Client can only be updated manually with special update packages. Automatic update is not possible.
Automatic Update of Across Clients in Windows Terminal Server/Citrix Environments
If you use a Windows Terminal Server/Citrix environment, the Across Clients need to be updated manually, as the automatic update routine may encounter problems.
To install the Across Clients, please use the file Across.Client.msi from the Packages folder of the installation package (instead of Across.Setup.exe). Take care not to execute Across.Update.Client.msi – this file installs the service for auto-updates, which must not exist in Windows Terminal Server/Citrix environments.
Please note that you must ensure that the Across Client and Server are always at the same version level! Therefore, we recommend always updating Clients and Servers at the same time.