- The Across Language Server
- Across Standard Components
- Across Access Modes
- Installation Scenarios
- Installation of the Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer Product Key and Product Activation
- Across Server
- crossTerm Server
- crossTank Server
- crossVPN Server
- crossVPN Proxy
- crossAPI SI
- crossTerm Web
- Setting up Across Modes
- Generating crossGrid Certificates
- Creating Generic Softkeys
- Changing the Across Database User
- Defragmenting Database Files
- Running a Backup
- Automatic Client Update
- Windows Authentication
- Reference: Menus in crossAdmin
- crossTank Performance Counter
- SQL Server Optimization
- Integration in Other Programs
- Web-based Components with HTTPS
- E-Mail Transmission in Across
- Integration Into the Network
- Across Support and Across Services
- Across SDK
- The Toolbox: Useful Tools for Across
Checking the Across services (internal)
Please carry out the following steps directly on your Across Server!
In order for the Across services (Across Server, crossTank, and crossTerm) to be reached via the Internet, they must be running on the Across Server.
The following tests enables you to check whether the Across services are actually running and can be reached internally.
Replace <<Internal IP address>> with the internal IP address of your server.
Test port 2310 (TCP):
In the prompt, enter the following command: telnet <<Internal IP address>> 2310.
You will now see a flashing cursor. Wait several seconds and then press the "Enter" key.
If the test was successful, you will not receive any further response and the cursor will become active again.
If it is not possible to make a connection, you will receive a corresponding error report: