If you activate the option Check for existing terms and show manual correction dialog, in the case of duplicate terms, you will be asked whether you would like to combine the information from the two terms.
In the dialog window, you can determine how the term to be imported is to be processed.
In principle, you can first choose whether a new entry with the term to be imported should be created or whether the term should be added to an existing entry.
To create a new entry, select a respective option and click OK.
To add the term to an existing entry, select the respective option. A list will display any existing entries / terms. Any additional data categories and information for an existing entry/term (e.g. definitions) can be displayed by clicking Show info.
Select the entry to which you would like to add the term to be imported.
Determine what is to be done with the information available for the term.
- Select one of the following four options:
- Use new definitions and properties: The definitions and properties of the term to be imported will be adopted – and those of the existing term will be dropped.
- Use existing definitions and properties: The definitions and properties of the existing term will be adopted – and those of the term to be imported will be dropped.
- Merge new and existing definitions and properties: Both the definitions and the properties of the term to be imported and of the existing term will be adopted. If the properties to be merged are values of data categories that may only occur once, you can use an option to additionally determine whether the existing value or the new value is to be used.
- Manual merge: Using the More options, you can determine for each particular term how the terms to be imported are to be processed. In addition, detailed information will be displayed.