What Is Auto-Packaging?
Auto-packaging enables you to assign tasks to your language service providers speedily and without any errors. This means that you no longer need to create any crossGrid packages, assign your tasks, and subsequently package them. Instead of at least 17 clicks for creating a crossGrid package, a single click is all that is needed to achieve the same result.
How and Where Can I Use Auto-Packaging?
To use auto-packaging, you merely need to create crossGrid packaging templates and assign them to your language service providers.
To do so, open the crossGrid packaging templates in the system settings and go to crossGrid > Trusted Server > Edit.
What Are the Advantages of Using Auto-Packaging?
- The crossGrid packages will be created and packaged with a single click.
- Auto-packaged packages are automatically "Closed for assignments". This means that these packages are only visible under the tasks assigned to this package.
- For all other tasks, they are not visible in the list of available resources. This prevents errors in the task assignment and thus the incorrect assignment to a previously created crossGrid package already downloaded by the language service provider.
- If you follow a "clean" approach in your system and only create closed crossGrid packages (which is also possible with the manual, conventional method), you will only see your online and offline users as well as the language service providers as resources in the task assignment.
- "Foreign" packages will no longer appear in your list.
- The names of the auto-packaged crossGrid packages are automatically generated according to the pattern "name of the language service provider [name of the project contained] time stamp".
- In this way, your language service provider can identify the associated project at a glance and does not need to dig out its name from the properties of the crossGrid package delegated to him.
- If you have configured your Across installation accordingly, your language service provider will be informed by Across by e-mail immediately after the completion of the package that you have provided a new crossGrid package for download.
What Do I Need to Pay Attention to When Using Auto-Packaging?
With respect to the creation of the crossGrid packaging templates required for auto-packaging, please make sure that these are as generic as possible and suit your project settings templates.
This especially concerns the filter restrictions for crossTank and crossTerm. Your crossGrid packaging template should not collide with your project settings and the filters set there, as Across considers both setting levels when creating the packages.
During auto-packaging, one package is built for each assignment. Thus, if you want to have several tasks in one crossGrid package, select the tasks (using the common Windows keyboard shortcuts) and jointly assign them to your language service provider.
On-Site Training on Your Premises
Standard and custom training for new or advanced users at your desired date.