Finishing Quick Translate Tasks
After you have completed the translation of a document with QuickTranslate, the dialog for finishing the translation will open up automatically.
- Proceed as follows:
- Determine whether the translations are to be stored in crossTank and click Finish Task.Tip
Generally, it is recommended to enable the storing of translations to crossTank. This ensures that all translations with corresponding attributes will be again transferred to crossTank.
If you selected the option for storing the translations to crossTank in the preceding dialog window, the Store Translations Wizard will open up.
- Click Next.
- If necessary, determine the attributes and their values with which the translation units are to be stored.
- Click Next.
- Select what Across is to do when storing paragraphs:
- A match dialog to check and, if necessary, correct the units is displayed for each translation unit to be stored.
- The match dialog will only be displayed if the number of source segments differs from the number of target segments.
- The match dialog is never displayed.
- Click Save.
- If you selected the option to show a dialog for every paragraph or for paragraphs with an unequal number of source and target segment sentences in the preceding window, dialog windows may be displayed during the storage process. Click Join all to store all matches as a single translation unit.
To correct the translation unit(s) manually, select the sentence(s) in the source and target segments that belong to one translation unit and click Add match in order to join the sentences to one translation unit. Continue in the same way until all sentences have been mapped.
Click Remove Match to realign the source and target segments.
- When you are finished, click Save Paragraph.
A dialog will show the progress and completion of the storing process.
- Click Finish.
The Check-Out Wizard will be started, enabling you to export the translation to the original format.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next until you reach the storage dialog.
- Select the location the document is to be saved to.
- Additionally, determine whether a folder is to be created for the checked-out document.
- Click Check-Out to start the check-out procedure.
- Upon completion of the check-out, click Finish.
- The document has now been converted back to its original format.