You can store projects outside Across in the form of project files. The Project Export Wizard will help you.
The project files are stored as ARA files. This proprietary Across file format serves the export and subsequent re-import of Across projects. The ARA files contain information on the respective projects, such as the project attributes and source and target documents.
The project files do not contain crossTank or crossTerm entries. These can easily be exported via the Across export functions.
- Proceed as follows:
- Start the Project Export Wizard via the menu item File > Export Project.Tip
You can also select Export from the context menu of a project or task.
- Once the wizard has started, click Next.
- Select one or several projects that you want to export.
- You can also activate or deactivate individual checkboxes to select documents and target languages if you merely want to export parts of projects.
- Click Next.
- Select the package version to which the project(s) is/are to be exported.Tip
Among other things, the package version depends on the version of the Across database. The package version of your own Across installation is indicated in the information window that you can display with Help > About Across.
- Enter a file name and select a storage location for the file.
- Additionally you can enter a comment. If several projects are to be exported, you can enter different comments for the individual projects by means of the drop-down list Project.
- Click Export to start the export to the file.
- The data will be compiled and saved to the project file.
The exported project file can be imported to Across whenever necessary by means of the Project Import Wizard.