Maintaining crossTerm Data
This instruction will help you to perform data maintenance in the crossTerm Manager with the crossTerm Mass Operations Wizard. Using the crossTerm Mass Operations Wizard, you can change multiple term and entry data categories within an instance in one go. For example, you can easily add or delete subjects, relations, or project information.
- Proceed as follows:
- Go to the crossTerm Manager and process a term search.
- Select the terms to be modified from the hit list, e.g. by keeping the Ctrl key pressed and clicking all needed terms one by one with the mouse.
- Select the entry Change data categories from the context menu in order to open the crossTerm Mass Operations Wizard.
- Click Next to go to the dialog for configuring the data categories for the first instance.
- Enter the Action (1), Object (2), Data category (3), and Values (4) in the respective columns.
The example shown here changes the subject area at entry level from General to UI.
- Click Next.
If the term selection contains terms of various instances, another dialog will be displayed for the configuration of the data categories of the next instance. This will be repeated until the data categories of the terms of all affected instances have been configured.
- Following the configuration, click Next to get an overview of all actions to be executed.
- Click Run to execute the mass operations.
Upon completion, you will receive another overview of the actions executed.
- Click Close to close the crossTerm Mass Operations Wizard.