Display Internal Elements Depending on the Attributes
Document settings templates (DSTs) for Tagged ML enable the processing of internal elements depending on the attributes and attribute values they contain. You can make internal elements editable or display them as a non-editable placeable in crossDesk.
The following instructions demonstrate the procedure for Tagged XML v2.
Example Source File
A simple XML file could have the following structure:
<?xmlversion="1.0"encoding="UTF-8"?><p>The <emphasistype="ProductNumber">12345</emphasis><emphasistype="Product">Across Language Server</emphasis> is our translation management system for enterprises and language service providers. It supports the entire translation process from the project and workflow control to the translation, correction, and release.</p><p>The <emphasistype="ProductNumber">54321</emphasis><emphasistype="Product">Across Translator Edition</emphasis> is our standalone application. It includes the complete range of Across translation features for freelancers.</p>
- It contains the following elements:
- <p> as an external element.
- <emphasis> as an internal element with the type attribute, which in turn can have the value ProductNumber or Product.
In our example, the content of the <emphasis> element with the attribute value ProductNumber is to be displayed as locked (= as a placeable), and the element content with the attribute value Product is to be editable.
Creating and Using Document Settings Templates
To try out the example, you can create and use your own XML file with the above content.
- Proceed as follows to create a DST with the above-mentioned conditions:
- In the menu bar of the Across Client, go to Tools > System Settings.
- Go to Document Settings > Tagged XML v2.
- Click New, enter a name, and click OK to create a new DST.
- Click Load and select the example XML file in order to load all elements of the file into the DST.
- Select the emphasis element and click Edit.
- In the element properties, select the element type Internal and the element type setting Conditional.
- Next to Conditional, click Settings.
- In the Element Conditions, click Add. In the Condition Properties, click Add Attribute.
- Select the type attribute and enter the attribute value ProductNumber.
- In the Condition Properties below, select the value Placeable and click OK.
- In the Element Conditions, click Add again. In the Condition Properties, click Add Attribute.
- Select the type attribute and enter the attribute value Product.
- In the Condition Properties below, select the value Normal and click OK.
- Close the Element Conditions.
- Click OK to close the Element Properties.
- Close the system settings.
- Set up a project with the example XML and use the DST you just created.