Determining the Default Language Combination for crossTerm Web
The search in crossTerm Web takes place on the basis of a combination of a source language and a target language. When a user accesses crossTerm Web, a language combination is preselected. By default, this language combination consists of the first two languages in the alphabetic list of languages available in your Across configuration for (translation) tasks.
- Proceed as follows to customize the preselected language combination:
- Open the crossTermWeb folder. By default, this folder is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Across.
- Double-click the PresetTool.exe file in order to open the Preset management pane.
- Click Configure global settings in order to open the Global settings pane.
- Go to the Initial languages tab.
- Activate the checkbox Define initial languages.
- Select the source language and the target language from the drop-down menus.
For the source language, you can also determine that the language of the user's browser is to be detected and used.
- Click OK in order to confirm the setting and close the Global Settings pane.
- In the Preset management pane, click OK to confirm the setting and close the pane.
- Restart the Web Server (IIS).
- Henceforth, the language combination you configured will be preselected by default when you open crossTerm Web.