Customizing the position of window panes
The window panes in the crossWeb modules can be adjusted by repositioning them. To do this, select a window pane and drag it to the desired position within the module by keeping the left mouse button pressed.
In the following example, the position of the two window panes of the Tasks module is to be swapped.
Proceed as follows:
- Place the mouse pointer on the blue bar of the window pane you want to move. A icon is displayed instead of the mouse pointer.
- Keep the left mouse button pressed and drag the selected area toward the desired new position.
- The new position of the window pane is displayed in the form of a blue dashed box.
- Release the left mouse button. The window pane will be moved to the new position.
Customizing the Size of Window Panes
Apart from the position, you can also customize the size of the window panes in the crossWeb modules. To do this, select a window pane and place the mouse pointer on the bottom edge of the window pane. The icon is displayed instead of the mouse pointer. Keep the left mouse button pressed and adjust the size of the selected area by dragging it up or down. The height of the window pane will be adjusted automatically.
Changing Column Order
The order of the columns contained in the tables of the various crossWeb modules can now be freely customized, e.g. in order to move relevant columns to a visible position. In order to move a column, select it and drag it to the desired position within a table by keeping the left mouse button pressed.
In the following example, the order of the columns in the My Tasks module is to be changed.
Proceed as follows:
- Position the mouse pointer over the (green) head of the column you want to move. Keep the left mouse button pressed and drag the mouse away from the current position of the column. A copy of the column head – marked with a icon – is displayed at the current position of the mouse pointer.
- Move the mouse pointer to the desired new position of the column. As soon as a possible position for the column is reached, the icon changes from to . Moreover, the new position of the column is indicated by the arrow icons and .
- Release the pressed left mouse button. The column will be moved to the new position.
Showing and Hiding Columns
Columns that are contained in the tables of the crossWeb modules and that you do not need can easily be hidden (and of course shown whenever you need them).
Proceed as follows in order to show or hide table columns:
Adapting the Sorting of Columns
The tables in the crossWeb modules can be sorted on the basis of a specific column. For example, tasks can be sorted by their priority or by the respective task type.
To change the sorting of a table, simply click the green button of the desired button. The sorting will take place on the basis of the selected column. The sorting is displayed by means of the icon in the column head.
Moreover, a column may be sorted in ascending or descending order (e.g. from A to Z or from Z to A).
To change the sorting of a column, simply click the respective column head. If you click the column head again, the sorting will be reversed.
Alternatively, you can change the column sorting by clicking the icon. The icon appears when pointing the mouse on a column head. Subsequently, you can select the desired sorting from the drop-down list.
Filtering Table Contents
Especially if a table in the crossWeb modules contains a large number of projects, it may be useful to restrict the view to certain projects. This can now be done by filtering the contents on the basis of the project names.
Proceed as follows to perform the filtering:
- In the corresponding column, click the icon that appears when pointing the mouse on a column head. Then select the item Filter from the drop-down list.
- Enter a search string.
- The contents of the columns will automatically be adapted according to the filtering.
The activation of the filter is indicated by an icon in the table head and the activated checkbox in the drop-down list. The filtering can be cancelled by deactivating the checkbox.