crossAnalytics is the reporting module of Across. The module provides a variety of reports, thereby offering diverse options for Across-related analyses.
The contents of the reports are presented in clearly structured diagrams and charts.
The use of crossAnalytics is controlled via the user group crossAnalytics. You should be a member of this group in order to access the crossAnalytics module. Otherwise, the crossAnalytics module will not be displayed.
crossAnalytics comprises reports in several categories.
Reports on the current workload
Reports that show the current workload (and thus do not contain any historical data). These comprise reports e.g. on the current total workload, on the workload of individual users and Trusted Servers, and on the workload by projects and languages.
- Current workload reports in detail
- Current workload overview
- The report presents the current total workload as follows:
- Distribution of the total word count by paragraph states
- Word count per language, separated by paragraph states
- Word count per project, separated by paragraph states
- Workload by users/workload by Trusted Servers: The report presents the current workload for each user and Trusted Server. The workload is measured on the basis of the number of words with the paragraph state Untouched. The report shows all tasks involving the processing of the target document, such as term and document translations, correction and review tasks, and external document processing. Accordingly, project management, document preparation, and term extraction tasks are not listed.
- Workload by language: The report presents the current workload by paragraph states for each language.
- Workload by project: The report presents the current workload by paragraph states for each project.
- Workload for one project: The report creates a project overview for a selected project. The following are presented:
- Distribution of the total word count of the project by paragraph states
- Total word count of the project for each target language, separated by paragraph states
- Current task assignments and relevant additional information (assigned users or Trusted Servers, task progress, etc.)
- User task list/Trusted Server-task list: The report presents the list of tasks currently assigned to a selected user or Trusted Server. In addition to the tasks, the report shows further relevant information such as the project and document name, the source and target languages, and the task progress. The tasks are displayed regardless of whether the user/Trusted Server has accepted them or not. Finished tasks are not included.
Reports on the workload in the past
Reports with historical data on the total workload, the workload of individual users and Trusted Servers, and the workload by languages.
- Previous workload reports in detail
- Previous workloads: The report presents the total workload on the basis of the net word count and the number of 100% matches for a selected period. The net word count is the total number of words to be translated less locked, hidden, and repeated words as well as words in 100% matches and context matches.
- Workload by users/workload by Trusted Servers: The report presents the workload for a selected user or Trusted Server in a selected period. The workload is presented on the basis of the net word count and the number of 100% matches.
- Workload by language: The report presents the workload for a selected language in a selected period, separated by paragraph states. The workload is presented on the basis of the net word count and the number of 100% matches.
- User task list/Trusted Server-task list: The report presents the tasks finished by a selected user or Trusted Server in a selected period. In addition to the tasks, the report shows relevant information such as the project and document name, the target language, the due date, and the net word count.
Reports on the development of the data pool of crossTank and crossTerm. The time of creation of the crossTank/crossTerm entries serves as the basis for the reports.
When importing translation memories or terminology data, the contained data are adopted to crossTank/crossTerm as of the time of creation of the respective crossTank/crossTerm entries, so that these data serve as the basis for the creation of the assets reports.
- The assets reports in detail
- crossTank growth: The report shows the development of the crossTank data for a selected language data. In comparison, the total crossTank data is shown for all language pairs together.
- crossTerm growth: The report shows the development of the crossTerm data. It presents both the total number of entries and the number of entries per language.
TM savings reports
Reports on the approximate calculation of the ROI (return on investment) from the use of Across.
ROI analysis: The analysis calculates the return on investment (ROI) for a selected period, among other things, on the basis of a crossTank analysis. The system calculates the savings achieved for finished projects by using Across/crossTank. The calculation takes place on the basis of freely definable values that can be specified in the area above the report. On the one hand, it is possible to define values for savings from the (re)use of repetitions, context matches, and 100% matches. These values can be specified in words. On the other hand, it is also possible to specify values for savings that can be calculated globally for every project, task, or target document finished in the selected period.
As no specific currency has been set, the values can be entered in any currency. The calculation and presentation of the values in the report takes place exclusively on the basis of the values defined in the above section.
QM and due date reports
Reports on the quality of translations and compliance with due dates.
- The QM and due date reports in detail
- Compliance with due dates: The report shows how often the task due date was missed in a selected period, separated by users and Trusted Servers.
- QM errors: The report shows how often QM criteria were not complied with in a selected period, separated by users and Trusted Servers. Only QM errors contained in finished tasks are included. In other words, the tasks were completed although there were still QM errors. Thus, QM errors in tasks that are still being processed are not included in the report. Offline translators and Trusted Servers must have transmitted the finished tasks to the Across Server.
The report only covers the standard QM criteria available in Across. Thus, user-defined QM criteria are not taken into consideration. Moreover, only the criteria activated in the properties of the respective tasks (in the Workflow module) are covered. QM errors that the user marks with Ignore are not reported separately but included in the displayed number of errors.
crossAnalytics reports are generated by the server; therefore, the language in which the reports are displayed depends on the language of the Across Server.
crossAnalytics supports the export of reports in various formats, such as PDF, Excel, XML, etc. Using the drop-down list Export of the respective report, you can select the needed format.
Different export formats may be offered depending on the installed MS SQL Server version.