Creating Users with Windows Authentication
Instead of logging in to Across in the normal way with a user name and password, an Across user can also log in to Across using the Windows authentication on the basis of his Windows user account in the Active Directory. Thus, manual login is no longer necessary, as the user is authenticated via the Windows user administration.
Therefore, please observe the following:
- The login via Windows authentication is only possible if this is supported by the Across Language Server license.
- The Windows authentication option can only be used when creating online users.
- To create a new user with Windows authentication, the respective Windows user must already exist in the Windows user administration.
- You should only use the Windows authentication option if you have experience with the Windows user administration in domains. Please contact your system administrator.
The following instruction will assist you in creating a new user with Windows authentication in Across.
Proceed as follows:
- Start the User Wizard in one of the following ways:
- Select the Windows authentication option and click Browse.
- The dialog box for selecting the Windows user opens. Enter the name of the new user.
Instead of manually entering the user, you can perform a search by clicking Advanced and take over the user.
- Click the button to check that the name is correct and click OK.
- You will be taken back to the Basic information dialog box. The user name is automatically entered according to the pattern DOMAIN\Windows_username.
To ensure the correct function of the login via Windows authentication, do not change the auto-inserted user name.
- Click Next.
- Online User is automatically preselected as user type. Assign the user groups that the new user is to be a member of. Select the desired groups in the left pane and click >. You can also assign the user groups by double-clicking the respective entries.
Under Settings template you can assign predefined user settings.
- Click Next to confirm the selection.
- Now enter additional data such as address and telephone number as required.
- Click Next.
- Enter the languages the new user will be working in. Also, select the corresponding degree of expertise from the drop-down list in the Rating column and assign it to the user for the respective language.
- Now select the subjects corresponding to the user's qualification. Select the corresponding (sub-)subjects from the left pane and click Add.
- The dialog for generating the softkey will open up. The necessary settings (e.g. the user assignment) have already been configured. To save the softkey and/or send it by e-mail to the new user, click Save key and/or E-mail key. Click Next if you prefer to do this later.
- Now you can enter additional information regarding the user of the softkey. All information entered with the User Wizard has already been entered. Now click Finish to complete the creation of the new user profile.
- The new user profile has been created and is displayed in the list of users.