- Proceed as follows:
- In the crossTerm Manager menu select Tools > Settings and either on entry or on term level click Groups.
- To create a group, click Add.
The corresponding dialog will open up. When creating a group, it is basically possible to add all existing data categories (text fields, picklists, system attributes, and attachments) to the new group.Tip
Only data categories, which contain no data can be added to a group. Data categories, which already contain some data, will not be displayed in the list of the available data categories.
- Double-click the desired data categories to add them one by one or select the desired data categories and click the >> button.
- Select a main data category (3).
This main data category makes thus the head of the group with the other elements of the group hierarchically subordinated to it.Attention
Please note that a data category can only be part of one group at a time. Thus, a data category that is assigned to a group cannot be assigned to another group.
- Click OK.
After creating a group, it is useful to add it to one or more templates.
- To do this, under Template Management, switch to Entry templates/Term templates. select the main data category from the lost and click Add data category.
- In this way, all other elements of the group will automatically be added to the template.