Creating cross-references to bibliographic entries
You can add the corresponding bibliographic source to an existing terminology entry. This can be done by means of a cross-reference to the bibliographic source that has already been stored as a bibliographic entry. In this example, the cross-reference is added to a definition; as a matter of principle, however, index cross-references can be inserted in any text field.
- Proceed as follows:
- Edit an existing definition or add a new definition to an existing entry.
- Select one or several words from which you would like to reference the bibliographic entry and select the item Create index cross-reference from the context menu.
- Determine which index you would like to reference and enter the value of the index. The entered value must match the stored index value.
- Click OK.
The index cross-reference will be inserted. The cross-reference will be checked automatically. If the destination of the cross-reference exists and the cross-reference is thus valid, the cross-reference will be displayed in green. If the cross-reference is invalid, it will be displayed in red. In this case, you can correct the invalid cross-reference using the item Create index cross-reference from the context menu.
- Finish the editing of the entry definition by clicking Save and then Save entry.
- To test the result. Select the entry containing the index cross-reference and click the index cross-reference in the respective definition.
- The view will jump to the respective bibliographic entry, which is the destination of the index cross-reference.