These instructions will help you to process a typical correction task with Across.
Please note that the following example has been condensed and simplified in order to provide an initial impression of how you can correct translations in Across.
- Proceed as follows:
- In the module bar on the left-hand side, click crossBoard > My Tasks.
- Select the correction task that was assigned to you and that you would like to edit.
- If you have not yet confirmed the task, click Confirm/Reject below and proceed with the steps for confirming a task as usual.
- Open the correction task.
crossDesk will be opened in the Combi Mode.
- Make all needed corrections to the sentences in the first paragraph in the Target Editor.
- To go to the next or previous sentence of a paragraph, use the or icons in the Source View toolbar to activate the sentence.
- After finishing the corrections for a paragraph, use the applicable icon or press Alt+C to set the editing state to Corrected ().Tip
If the source text contains an error, you cannot correct it directly in Across. However, you can modify the translation unit in order to ensure that everything is stored correctly in the translation memory: First, save the translation unit containing the mistake in the source-language segment to crossTank as usual, e.g. by setting the respective paragraph to the final paragraph state. Then click the icon in the toolbar of the fuzzy search in order to edit the translation unit and correct the error.
- You can delegate a paragraph back to the translator for revision by setting it to the editing state Touched ().
- Go to the next paragraph:
- Perform all required corrections in the task.Tip
If you would like to set the editing state of all paragraphs to Corrected, go to Tools > Set All Paragraphs to > Corrected. You can use the context menu in crossView to set individual text sections or chapters to the editing state Corrected.
As soon as all paragraphs in the document have been set to the Corrected state, the correction task is completed. The dialog box for finishing the task will automatically appear. A list of the QM criteria that have been checked will show which criteria have not been met. As a matter of principle, you can finish a task even if some QM criteria have not been met (unless mandatory criteria are concerned).
- Determine whether the translations are to be saved to crossTank (recommended) or not.
- To finish the task now, click Finish Task.Tip
Please note that a finished task can only be opened in read-only mode, meaning that it is write-protected, and thus you cannot edit the task any further.
If you selected the option for storing the translations to crossTank in the preceding dialog window, the Store Translations Wizard will open up.
- Click Next.
- When using the Offline Client of the Across Translator Premium Edition, you can select whether the translation units are to be stored to your local crossTank database.Tip
If you store translation units locally, they will be available in all modes and tasks, i.e. both in the Offline Client and in the standalone mode.
Please note that the storage and use of such translation units may be restricted or prevented by your customer.
- If necessary, determine the attributes and their values with which the translation units are to be stored.
- Click Next.
- Select what Across is to do when storing paragraphs.
- Click Save.
If you selected the option to show a dialog for every paragraph or for paragraphs with an unequal number of source and target segment sentences in the preceding window, dialog windows may be displayed during the storage process.
- Duly process the individual dialogs:
- Click Join all to store all matches as a single translation unit.
- To correct the translation unit(s) manually, select the sentence(s) in the source and target segments that belong to one translation unit and click Add match in order to join the sentences to one translation unit.
Continue in the same way until all sentences have been mapped.
Click Remove Match to realign the source and target segments.
When you are finished, click Save Paragraph.
A dialog will show the progress and completion of the storing process.
- Click Finish.
- Once the task has been finished, the project manager receives a notification about the completion of the task.
ow that the task has been finished, it will no longer appear in the list of pending tasks in the My Tasks module.Tip
To display finished tasks, activate the checkbox Display finished tasks at the bottom right. In this way, all tasks that you have already finished will be displayed.