The concordance search allows you to quickly and directly look for one or several words in crossTank. Thus, the terminologist can easily see in which context and translation the corresponding word has been used before in crossTank entries. There are two possibilities to perform a concordance search in crossTerm Web.
- Possibility 1:
- Select concordance search from the different search types in the drop-down list.
- Enter one or several words in the corresponding search field.
- To start a concordance search, click the icon or press Enter.
- The hits will be displayed with search words highlighted in color in the source sentences.Attention
In the case of multi-word searches, only crossTank entries containing all search words are displayed as hits. crossTank entries that, for example, contain only two of three search words are not displayed.
- Possibility 2:
- Select a term from the list of results.
- Click the Concordance search tab in the lower part of the window.
- A concordance search for the currently displayed term will be performed.
In the crossTerm Web settings, you can determine the maximum number of hits for the crossTerm Web concordance search. In addition, you can determine the number of hits to be displayed per hit page (the last modified hits will be displayed first).