ATICOM – Fachverband der Berufsübersetzer und Berufsdolmetscher e.V.
- Founded in 1999 as a special interest group of professionally trained translators and interpreters.
- ATICOM is intensively involved in quality assurance and professionalization of the profession and currently has around 200 members.
BDÜ – Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators
- Approximately 7,000 members, 13 attached member associations
- Focus: Translators, interpreters, translation appraisers, consultants for the development of new fields of specialization
- Regional focus: Germany
- With more than 1,000 members, CyberForum e.V. is the largest hightech.business.network. in Europe.
- A networking platform with the direct connection to the digital economy of the TechnologyRegion Karlsruhe.
ELIA – European Language Industry Association
- Non-profit organization that represents and promotes the interests of the translation industry
- Language service providers, translators, language technology manufacturers
GALA – The Globalization and Localization Association
- The world's largest trade organization for the language industry. The non-profit organization makes resources, education, and research available to companies around the globe.
- Language service providers, localization service providers, consultants, language technology manufacturers
- Approximately 500 members
- Since 1987; professional association for technical communication with constantly growing number of members
- Technical editors, assistant editors, development engineers, CAD experts, illustrators, designers, terminologists, translators
- Regional focus: Switzerland
tekom – German Association for Technical Communication and Information Development
- Approximately 8,000 members, about 450 companies (growth: about 10 percent a year)
- Technical editors, technical illustrators, technical translators, product/marketing managers
- Regional focus: Germany
VDMA – German Engineering Federation
- Approximately 3,000 members, mainly medium-sized businesses
- One of Germany's most influential industry federations
- The entire process chain is mapped in VDMA – from the component to the plant, from the system supplier to the system integrator to the service provider.
- Directors, members of executive boards, department heads, and specialists from the capital goods industry
- Open industry network of people in the field of national and international (technical) qualification
- Head of training centers, specialized trainers, qualification managers, manufacturers of qualification components, experts from scientific institutes