Customers correspond to the relations administered in Across.
Previously, the interpretation of relations is relatively liberal in Across. Relations are often used to map customers. However, relations can also be used for other categories, such as products or product groups. For LSCM, however, relations must correspond to customers. To ensure the correct function of LSCM, relations must also be defined as a single-value attribute.
You can check if relation is defined as a single-value attribute in the System attributes section of the system settings.
To enter Master Servers as customers in LSCM, every Master Server can be associated with a relation (which usually has the same name). If necessary, create a suitable relation for this purpose. Then open the settings of the Master Server and select the relation from the respective drop-down list.
- In LSCM, the contact details of suppliers and customers that are stored in Across are displayed:
- Contact details of suppliers: The data that are stored in the Contact tab of the properties of a Trusted Server or offline user.
To open the properties of a Trusted Server, select the particular Trusted Server under crossGrid in the system settings and click Edit.
- Contact details of customers: The data that are stored in the General, Main contact, and Address tabs of the properties of a relation.
The reports in LSCM are based on the association of the created price lists with the respective customers and/or suppliers.
- Note that the price calculation within the LSCM reports can only be performed correctly if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- All documents of a project have the same source language.
- All documents of a project have the same workflow.
- All documents of a project have the same target language(s).
- All target languages of a project must be translated by the same supplier (offline user or Trusted Server).
If a project does not fulfill these requirements, LSCM will classify the project as a complex project. Thus, reports cannot be created for this project. The button for generating a report is grayed out.
The reports in LSCM comprise the details of the underlying projects, but not of the individual documents. Moreover, only the project-wide repetitions and matches are displayed.
The last created Master Data Report is used as the basis for creating the report. Reporting templates from Across are not taken into consideration in LSCM. After changing a project in Across (e.g. after adding a source document), you should always create a new Master Data Report in order to make sure that the project changes are also reflected in the reports of LSCM.
- Basic Principles of the Reporting with LSCM
- The reports are created on the basis of the source text.
- The reports are generated on the basis of the word count. In the case of user-defined task categories, the reports are generated on the basis of hours.
- The reporting takes place in Euros.