Backing up Data of the Translator Edition
Please note that the backup should only be performed by a qualified person. Across Systems GmbH does not assume any liability in the event data loss.
In the toolbox, Across provides the TEBackupRestoreTool for backing up Translator Edition data.
Back up your Offline Client data by uploading the current state of your tasks to the Across Server.
Proceed as follows to back up your data:
- Start the TEBackupRestoreTool in one of the following ways:
- Go to C:\Program Files\Across\Toolbox\TEBackupRestoreTool and execute TEBackupRestoreTool.exe with a double-click.
- In the Dashboard, click the Data Backup dashlet.
- Click Browse in order to determine a storage location (not the Across program directory) and a name for the file containing the backup.
- Click Open.
- Make sure that the TE databases checkbox is enabled.
- Click Backup to start the data backup.
- All data of the Across databases (projects, translation memory, terminology data, etc.) will be written to the file you specified.