Adding crossTransform Formats
- To expand the formats of crossTransform you need:
- a pre-processing script or program, which converts the new format to a format that is natively supported by Across (e.g. XML),
- a post-processing script or program, which re-converts the new format to the original format after editing in Across,
- possibly a document settings template with which the document is to be checked in. Templates are very useful, especially for formats like XML.
- Proceed as follows:
- Go to Tools > System Settings > Document settings > Document associations.
- Select the format of the drop-down list in which the new format has to be converted in order to be edited in Across (e.g. XML).
- Click Add and enter the file extension of the new file format and a name or description.
- If necessary, select the template that should be used to check in the concerning files.
- Define the pre- and post-processing scripts which should be used for the check in/check out.
- Click OK.
- The new crossTransform format is set up and can be edited in Across as usual.Tip
The scripts must be available on all clients on which the transformation is to be performed. In addition, the storage location of the scripts must be the same on all clients.