Activating crossConnect for External Editing
- Proceed as follows:
- Open the system settings via Tools > System Settings.
- Go to General > Project Settings Templates.
- Activate the option Allow secure external processing for the respective environment (local and supply chain).
- Close the dialog.
- Switch to the module via Administration > Workflow.
- Create a new workflow that contains the desired tasks, such as Translation and Correction, by clicking New and entering the appropriate information in the Workflow Wizard.
- After creating the workflow, select the new workflow and go to the Task list tab.
- Select the task type, e.g. Translation for external machine translation or Correction for external review.Attention
Generally, the task type that follows immediately after the external processing must be selected here.
- Click Properties.
- In the Task Template Properties dialog, activate the option Task can only be started after external processing is finished.
- Click Activate in order to make the workflow available for use.
crossConnect for External Editing is now ready to use.
- Subsequently, create a project that uses the newly created workflow in order to actuate crossConnect for External Editing.